Saturday, December 20, 2008

Lucy meets Michelle!

I thought I'd start with a picture of Lucy & Michelle to catch up on the blog because I know Michelle's waiting for me to get with it! After over 2 weeks of not blogging, I have hundreds of photos I just downloaded & need to catch up on! Michelle is my brother, Mark's, girlfriend & she is an absolute doll. Our family loves her so very much & enjoys every minute we get to spend with her. Michelle lives in Exeter, CA & is in the nursing program at Fresno State Univ. Mark & Michelle met while in the mission field - in YWAM (Youth With A Mission) in Kona, Hawaii about 5 years ago. Because of the distance, we don't get to see Michelle very often, but she was up for a week over Christmas & we all spent some quality time together. On the Saturday before Christmas, when there was worry of a massive wind & snow storm, we decided Lucy & I shouldn't stay at our house because of the massive evergreen trees within close distance (we lost 7 trees in the big storm 2 years ago) - so, Michelle & my Dad braved the storm & came to our rescue! Randy was keeping Sotto Voce going as best he could & driving my car as it's better in the snow. Long story short... I ended up with Lucy in Centralia for 6 days without a vehicle of my own... or internet access as there was a little mishap with the cable... (don't worry Mark, I won't point fingers...). In hindsight, this time was awesome. My mom & dad, Mark & Michelle were all wonderful with Lucy & although we missed Randy like CRAZY, it was fun to be in Centralia. Snow pictures will be coming shortly!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: