Friday, December 5, 2008

TEAM LUCY! Stairclimb '08

WaMu Tower Stairclimb - Seattle 2008
TEAM LUCY! Climbing to Cure CF
This was our crew! 21 friends and family of Lucy joined together in Seattle yesterday & made the 56 floor trek up the WaMu Tower, it was an awesome experience together! Thank you to everyone who contributed - physically, financially or in spirit! Our team raised $4,000 - we blew our $3000 goal out of the water! This is an annual event in December, so those of you interested who couldn't make it this year - we'd love you on the 2009 team!
Grandma Susan A - Finished first in her division!!!
Lucy's Mom & Dad
Christy & Cousin Allyson
Allyson & Kyle
Josh & Lindsay Stewart
Christy, Cousin Heidi Schroeder (Wark) & Aunt Margie Wark - Cousin Heidi had her second baby boy just a week before Lucia Grace was born! North Lucas Schroeder is a happy baby boy, almost 4 months old! He & his big brother Orion James are pretty special to our family!
Uncle Jim Wark & Christy - Jim is my mom's older brother & someone my brother & I have always been very close to. Jim is Heidi & Jaymie's Dad, he's an incredibly genuine & giving guy - truly has a heart of gold! It meant so much that Jim & Heidi came up from Chehalis to do the stairclimb! We love you guys!
Randy, our brother-in-law Alex Legler & Matt Shouse
Grandpa Dennis & Super Speedy Uncle Michael Peterson
Josh Stewart, a childhood friend married to Lindsay Stewart - they have an adorable son, Maxwell Hudson.

Aunt Margie Wark, a wonderful friend & incredible support to our family. Thank you Margie for everything you do! (Most recently our "personal shopper" for Lucy's Christmas outfit accessories! - getting to the mall is near impossible these days & we appreciate it!)
My dear old dad & Randy's Uncle George Barnes, two very serious go-getters at everything they do! Dad & Georgie work in the same industry & have many similarities - energetic, fun-loving & both a tad bit of a perfectionist! Favorite saying from Uncle George, "Randy, you've got to have a system!" My dad's words to live by are "Work Hard, Play Hard". We love you guys both so very much!
This is my mom: SUPER MOM! She is incredible! At age 54, she is in better shape than any of my late 20's aged friends! She was the world record holder for the furthest distance climbed in a 24 hr. period on a StepMill in 2006 & then proceeded to win her agegroup in yesterday's stairclimb up the WaMu Tower in Seattle! Her motto is "Keep Steppin!" Susan Jean Amondson (Wark) grew up in the small town of Morton, WA where her father worked as the town doctor & her mother was both a nurse and mother of seven children. She met my dad in high school & they married while students at Pacific Lutheran University (my mom in nursing, my dad in business). Mom has worked in many different aspects of healthcare - ICU, peds office, family practice, a bit of school nursing, and most recently as well as for the longest is assisting Dr. Hennessey & Dr. Thakker in the Operating Room at Providence Centralia Hospital. She loves what she does - thoroughly enjoying the interactions with patients making sure they're well informed before & after surgery. My mom has been a SUPER MOM as long as I can remember - working full time, always making it to our ball games as kids, keeping us put together & making delicious dinners every night of the week! (As I continue to get older I realize how impossible all of this is!!) Stepping into the new dimension from motherhood to grandmotherhood, my mom has continued to be amazing. She was the first person (other than Randy) that I talked with when we received Lucy's diagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis & I couldn't be more thankful to have heard her positive words. I think the fact that she was instantly optimistic (my mom's an eternal optimist), helped to put me in the right frame of mind. Instead of focusing on the scary stuff, she helped me to realize that Lucy will be an amazing girl who is able to touch the lives of many many people. I could go on & on, but the most important part is that I love my mom more than I could ever put into words, she is the most incredible inspiration a girl could ever wish for. Keep Steppin, Mom!
The NICU Girls! Jen, Karyn, Courtney, Ricci & Christy
Cousin Allyson McBride & Lindsay Stewart (Lindsay came up with the concept for the design of the tshirts - thank you Lindsay!)
Kyle Barker (Cousin Allyson's boyfriend, a childhood friend of mine & good friend of Randy's as well)
Matt Shouse

Randy & Aunt Margie

Greg Murphy - a great friend of the family & the life of any party! Greg, it was awesome having you there last night! Your dynamic personality lights up any surrounding! Thank you for your thoughtfulness & support of our family! Greg is the proud father of 5 beautiful kids - Kendra & Carissa (twins, I remember holding them when they were infants!), Nathan, Ryan & Kevin - and wife to one of our favorite people - JoLynne! We love you guys!

Grandma Susan A & Cousin Lori Amondson - My cousin Lori lives in Seattle & came down to say hello & wish us well before the stairclimb! It was great seeing you Lori & thank you for the adorable hand knit baby bonnet! Pictures to come for sure!

HUGE Thank You to Ian Jordan (Owner of Product Apparel, Seattle) - for the creation of the TEAM LUCY tshirts!! Ian had worked in the NICU at TG with me & now works at Children's Hospital in Seattle - along with running his screenprinting company. This is Ian with his puppy Frankenstein! Thank you so very much Ian - your t's made us a team!!









Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

katy said...

First off...your words to your mom are amazing! So sweet and perfect. What a great tribute to a fabulous lady! You are all incredibly lucky to have such a wonderful, postivie role model like her. And you may get sick of heraring this but Lucy couldn't have asked for a better family to be born into. You are all such an incredibley bright light in her life. I was and am so sorry that I missed the climb. Would have loved to have been there. Glad you had a good time and lots of support. Congrats Team Lucy!

kristello said...

Your paragraph about your mom made me cry! You're absolutely right, she's an awesome lady. I'm also realizing just what you are...that as we become mothers we understand what a great job our own mothers did. Looks like the stairclimb was a huge success. I'd love to do it with you...maybe next year when it's a little easier to get away from my troop. Congratulations on the great fundraiser!

Beth said...

Congratulations Team Lucy! Sounds like an amazing time for everyone involved. Lucy is one lucky little girl to have so many wonderful people in her life!