Monday, December 15, 2008

Santa Lucia Celebration













What a wonderful new tradition for our family! Santa Lucia Day is a Scandanavian holiday that we had never celebrated until this year. The story goes that there was a famine on one of the longest dark days of the year & Saint Lucia came with great light & there was a feast. So, I created my interpretation of that... We had a feast (delicious ham dinner, many thanks to my mom & Randy's mom for all their help!) and ate by candlelight! It was so nice eating with family while all the lights were off except the Christmas tree & we had candles lit all over the house. Randy, Lucia & I shared the evening with my parents & his parents, my brother Mark, Randy's sister Christy & her daughter Julia. Our tiny house was a bit crazy for a while, but all in good fun!





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute that you all did this! What a lovely idea :)
GREAT family shots - both the big one of all of you, and the little family one of the three of you.
Lucia is getting so big and beautiful--we love you guys!

katy said...

So perfect and sweet! What a great tradition to start! You are a fabulous family. Miss you.