Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy 2 week B-day Lucia Grace!






Hello Everyone!

I'm sitting here at the computer with Lucy all swaddled up to me in the Moby wrap - she's just loving it! We've had a great couple of days - she's now taking her meds with ease - even the salt! I spoke with the CF dietician this morning & she said to increase the pancreatic enzymes to a full capsule with each feeding - we had been giving half a capsule each feed. They feel this will help her absorption & therefore normalize her stools. The dietician also mentioned the possibility of adding Zantac for reflux - even though she does not have any major signs of reflux, they find the enzymes often work better with the addition of Zantac. We didn't add it yet, we'll see at Tuesday's appointment.


Well, we've had some nice visits with family lately - Randy's parents came over two nights ago with dinner & we enjoyed a few hours visiting together. Congratulations to Dennis & Susan who just celebrated their 40th Wedding Anniversary!! How awesome!!


Okay, duty calls! Will post more later! Hope everyone's enjoying the beautiful weather!

4 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

I don't know if there is anything sweeter than a new daddy holding his little babe...he looks so proud! Lucia is SO CUTE!

Unknown said...

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks already. I'm sure it seems even more unreal to you. She's SO adorable, and I'm very glad she's taking the salt better. Hope you're getting some sleep and I would love to get together with you sometime!

Becca (Ryckman)

Jana said...

Hi Christy,

I can't believe it's been 2 whole weeks! Lucia is such a beautiful baby, and you are great parents! She is very lucky. Maybe Andrew and I can come visit sometime.

Jana (Bouma)

AuntTiffy said...

Oh Christy i love the photos you take! And Lucy is just so beautiful! The Moby wrap looks comfy. I hope you both are getting some sleep.