Monday, September 8, 2008

Day 11 for Lucia Grace






Hi Everyone! Thank you so much for many sweet words that we received in the last 24 hours! Your kind thoughts & prayers mean a lot to Randy & myself. Miss Lucy had a good day today. Katy Erickson & her daughter Ila came to visit with Rachel Blake & her son Brandon (two of my closest NICU buddies) - we enjoyed a couple hours visiting & having lunch in between baby feedings & Ila's first time walking! I was honored to have her first steps be while at our house!


Back to Miss Lucy, I spoke with the dietician today at the CF Clinic & she was kind of surprised to hear how Lucy dislikes the salt so much - apparently mose CF babies usually tolerate it okay. We're going to try giving a bit less salt & seeing if she can kind of work her way up. She's still tolerating the vitamins & enzymes well. The biggest concern I have right now is that she's had pretty watery stools & I'm not sure how much of the breastmilk she's actually absorbing... Her cheeks are getting chubbier, so that's got to mean something! I'll be talking tomorrow with the clinic staff to see what their thoughts are. We have our next big appointment on Tuesday 9/16 in the CF Clinic - that day we'll meet with Dr. Ricker, Dr. Larson, a nurse, a Respiratory Therapist, a dietician & a social worker. Apparently it's a 2 hour appointment & I'm sure it will be full of all kinds of information.


Well, tonight was a really great evening. When my mom finished at work, she came up to our house, snuggled for a while with Lucy (managed to get spit up on twice!) and then made us a delicious dinner! It was fun for each of us! Thank you so much Mom for your positive outlook & incredible support! There really is nobody quite like you! =)


Hope you enjoy the pictures I'm posting now, they're not all from today, but recent nonetheless.

6 comments:

Lindsay Rae said...

Hi Christy Anne and Randy -

What a cutie!

I wanted to let you know that I have a friend who is 34 with Cystic Fibrosis. He is still acting in Hollywood, pretty much started right after high school and had done a few shows and movies here and there. Shana and Amy can tell you how many times I use to hit them on the shoulder when his Dodge commercials would come on, and I would say, "That's Todd!" Now, Troy has to put up with me hitting him across the arm when Todd makes it onto one of the shows we are watching.

God Bless,

Lindsay Williamson

Cathy P. said...

Christy W., Randy and my little Gracie (OK RANDY I know, it's Lucy)
How great is our God, he has given you such a beautiful baby girl. I am sure that you know the meaning of Grace "is a gift or blessing from God" How perfect. I just am back from Honolulu will call you soon I can't wait to meet little LUCY. Love and wishes for a good night sleep to all three of you. By the way not only are you and Randy blessed but Lucy is a pretty lucky little girl to have such amazing and strong mommy and daddy -- Cathy P.

Erin said...

Christy, She is beautiful, God is so good. I would love to have you over to lunch. Give me a call or e-mail me with your phone number. I go back to work on the 20th. My brains still have not come back so don't expect to much to soon. Enjoy these days, they pass so quickly.
God Bless,
ERin Rocha
570-0849
therochafamily@hotmail.com

kristello said...

Oh, you guys...she is so beautiful! Congratulations! What a lucky little girl to have such amazing parents and grandparents. I hope that you're adjusting well to your sleep deprivation! Thanks so much for creating this blog. I'll make it one of my "favorites" to keep tabs on little Lucy! Hopefully we can come visit you soon! Love you all!
Kristal and the Graham boys :)

jennifer_jj said...

Wow- you are doing so well to be able to go on picnics, take care of a brand new baby, and still keep us all updated with photos. You and Randy both look super happy and Lucy is beautiful.
I'm glad you have gotten off to such a good start with the CF clinic, it's nice to have someone you have such faith in taking care of your precious baby.
Jen Y.

Unknown said...

Christy & Randy,

What a precious little girl & how lucky she is to have such a great mom & dad. I hear of her through Great Grandma Jean & know she is so proud of her also. Our love to you all. Please keep us on your picture list as we love it.
Marge M.