Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Slippery when wet...


So sweet after her bath! Lucy just loves her baths! We think she's already a swimmer & just can't wait to get her in a real pool soon! Well, her appointment on Monday at the CF Clinic was another good one. She now weighs 11lbs, 2oz & is 23 inches long! Crazy how quickly she grows! They were happy with her weight gain, how she's doing on her meds & her overall exam - happy enough that we don't have to go back for a month! I was a bit concerned that she had a couple days of really watery stools, but Dr. Ricker felt that as long as she's eating well & gaining adequately, a bit of diarrhea didn't worry him. For those of you doing a bit more looking into the medical side of things, her Pancreatic Elastase level came back showing extreme pancreatic insufficiency - the level was less than 50 when normal is I think greater than 200. Basically, we know we're doing the right thing by giving her the pancreatic enzymes... I want to learn more about pancreatic insuffiency, but I'm also a bit hesitant to read things that will scare me right now. I'm just taking it slowly & flipping through our books to the sections I feel I can handle - and reminding myself to live in the now & the fact is she's doing WONDERFULLY right now. We love our Lucia Grace so much! We also know that God is watching over each of us in an extra special way. He has incredible plans for Lucia & we are praying for guidance as he gave us such an awesome challenge to parent such a miraculous little wonder.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

Christy, Lucy is just so cute! I was also noticing in the pictures how big she's getting! Isn't it crazy how fast they sprout??? Keep up the good work...you're a fabulous mama, I can tell! You're all in my prayers!

Unknown said...

Christy, she is SO cute! I'm glad Miss Lucy is is doing so well! We miss you at work, but enjoy your time off. They grow SO fast! Ryan is almost crawling already. I love being a mom and I can see you do, too!

And Epic? Yeah, it's going. It's not too bad, really. But you are definitely missing the craziness. I got stuck on the 9th level in the parking garage for half an hour Tuesday morning! Crazy...