Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A great CF Clinic Appt!




Wow, the past month has just flown by since we were last at the Cystic Fibrosis Clinic! Today Lucy met with Dr. Larsen & the rest of the clinic crew - they were wonderful as usual. My Aunt Margie went with Lucy & I - she is such a great friend & a wonderful support to myself... not to mention Lucy loves it when she sings "The Farmer & the Dale"! As for the appointment, once again, the respiratory report was flawless - no signs of respiratory involvement (yet) which is wonderful! They would like to begin prophylactic treatment of 1 or maybe 2 nebulizer treatments when Lucy is about 6 months old - not because of any problem, just to prevent the buildup of thick sticky mucous which is so common in CF. The treatments would be a hypertonic saline solution &/or Pulmozime (sp? haven't done the research on this one yet...) once a day. We're happy to have Lucy receive this treatment as it is the latest & greatest recommendation to improve the lifelong lung function of kiddos with CF. As for her growth which they monitor oh so closely... she's just awesome! Lucy now weighs 13lbs 8.6oz & is over 24 inches long! (yes, she is also only 10 1/2 weeks old!) That puts her in the 92 & 93rd percentiles for weight & length! Her weight to length ratio has come up from 16th to 42nd just in one visit! (The goal is >50th & it's okay if it takes 6 months to get there.) Sorry I'm so lengthy on these updates... I think there are a few NICU nurses reading this who are just as detailed as I am! =) Lucy's digestive system seems to be working okay but not the greatest in the world. I say that because she has GI pains at times (although less than a couple months ago) and her stools are still very liquidy (although also improving). Next month we will also meet with Dr. Abdullah (a wonderful GI doctor) at our next appointment - he frequently consults in the CF Clinic, it will be great to get his opinion & advice.

I think that about sums it up! I'm headed to bed now... my Lord it's nearly 2am! I'll be posting information soon about a big CF fundraiser that we are participating in - a StairClimb up the WaMu Tower in Seattle on December 4th! We've created TEAM LUCY! and welcome any participants or donations to the CF Foundation! As I said... more info to come!... Good night all!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad Lucy had a good appointment! Your pictures are soo cute!

kristello said...

What great news! Lucy's so lucky to have such a great Mom, staying on top and on the cutting edge of everything she needs. I wish we could do the stair climb with you...it sounds like a blast! Looking forward to meeting that cute little lady in less than 2 weeks!

jennifer_jj said...

Wow, it's been too long since I looked at Lucy pictures, she's growing so fast! Congrats on the great appointment and her growth. I'm going to go look up about the stairclimb now.

Jana said...

I'm glad to hear the good news about Lucy! Wow you sure caught up on posting, I love all the pics! I don't think I would have stayed up until 2 a.m. to do it though. I'm almsot caught up on Andrew's blog.

Good luck with your stair climb! I would join you but I'm not in shape enough and I don't think running up that many flights of stairs is how I should start. :)

rachel.blake said...

WOW!!! I can't believe how huge she is! I've got to see her ASAP! (Glad we have plans for next week.) Can't wait to see you both. I am so glad she is doing so great!

rachel.blake said...

WOW! I can't believe how huge she is! She has changed so much since I've seen her...we have to get together pronto! (Good thing we have a date next week.) So happy she is doing so great!! Love you both!

katy said...

I love these pics of her in the bassinet! Oh so cute! I can't believe what a little gal she is becoming! So excited to see her up close and pinch those cheeks! Glad the CF visit went well. Such a blessing that she is healthy!

Anonymous said...

Christy,

Hey! I like to check in to the blog from time to time to see how things are going and of course to see the latest adorable pictures of Lucy! I don't know if you have seen any pictures of Kate, but every time I see a picture of Lucy I think they look soooo much alike...they could by twins! I am thrilled to hear the update from the latest clinic visit...keep up the good work! I haven't had Kate weighed recently but I would guess that she is about 12.5 pounds now which means that Lucy is kicking her butt in the growth department!

I hear you are coming back to work Jan 4...my first day back is 12/24 :( Oh well...I look forward to seeing you in a couple of months!

Jocelyn