Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lucy & Grandpa


Oh yes, Lucy loves her Grandpa! My parents have both spent a lot of time with Lucy recently, watching her on days I work & when we've had a few things to go to. They have both learned the tricks work best with Lucia - for instance bouncing on an exercise ball to put her to sleep, or taking her on a walk outside as a "cure all" for any fussiness. My dad even recently did the honors of giving Lucy her enzymes & feeding her bottle. He's always been incredibly good with kids, loving to play outside & get them all riled up... but I never remember him much with little babies - until now! Last Saturday was a big day for us - I helped throw a baby shower for my best friend, Rashmi, at my parent's house. I attempted to be really organized & thought I had my timeline of to-do's perfectly figured out... but as usual, I fell behind. And who was there to rescue Lucy & me? My Dad! He drove up to our house, loaded all of the salad fixings, decorations, Lucy's gear, etc into his vehicle & then drove them there for me so that I could finish getting myself ready, feeding Lucy & then getting there (late) myself! That wasn't all though... during the entire shower, Lucy was with my Dad! She loved her Grandpa time, they went for a walk in the stroller for at least a couple hours - along with our good friend, Deanna Schnatterly. When it was time to eat, he brough Lucy into my parent's bedroom to keep her away from all the guests in the greatroom (still super conscious of having her around people who could have a cold). It was a fantastic day & I can't even begin to tell my Dad thank you for everything! We love you Grandpa!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: