Sunday, April 19, 2009

Go Marky Mark Go!

These photos are from a 10K race Mark won in Seattle back in November 08 during his training process, I don't have a whole lot of running pics of Mark because he's way to fast for me to keep up with! But, I think these photos capture a teensy weensy bit of the feeling of sheer joy & accomplishment that comes from participating in such an incredible event. Isn't he amazing???





Well, tonight I'm so filled with nervous energy, you'd think I was the one running the Boston Marathon! Tomorrow is the big day, my little baby brother, Mark Christian Amondson will hit the streets of Boston, Massachusetts at 9:30am EST for 26.2 miles filled with 25,000 runners, big hills, tall buildings, Fenway Park, and more emotion than a person could imagine. In order to qualify for tomorrow's big event, Mark's had years of training that lead to him achieving a stellar qualifying time at the Sacramento Marathon (2:57). Although I'm not a runner myself, I'd venture to guess that as a 26 year old male, he's probably in the fastest bracket, making it most difficult to qualify for. Needless to say, he's incredible. Running has been an absolute gift to Mark in many ways, his talent in this area has connected him with awesome friends around the country. I pray for God's watchful hand on Mark tomorrow as he starts the race in the early morning & finishes in what we hope to be glorious sunshine! Mark, I am so proud of you!! I love you so very much!! Lucia is your BIGGEST FAN, we're cheering you on all the way! If you listen closely, you'll hear us cheering all the way from here in Olympia! Go Marky Mark Go!!!!!!!!

No comments: