Saturday, July 18, 2009

Liberty Plaza Flag Dedication


This was a very special day for my Dad. He is the hardest working & most giving person I know and this day absolutely proved it. My dad has been working for the last few years as a commercial developer. He has been the main person behind a development in Chehalis called Liberty Plaza. In the middle of the development (2 hotels, a band & a restaurant), he built a massive columnar rock fountain with a gorgeous American flag in the middle. On this special day, the flag was dedicated & there was a community gathering. Randy, Lucy & I went down to share in the celebration. The country's economic struggles right now have taken a toll on many people in the development world, it is very difficult times, which made this day even more meaningful. The words below the fountain are "IN GOD WE TRUST" & that is truly what will get us through this challenging, taxing, frustrating time.

To my Dad, I love you, you will always be the person who I look up to most. Your smile fills a room & your energetic positive spirit brings up everyone around you.


My Dad Neil & his good friend from the PLU days, Bruce Templin - what handsome fellas!


Lucy & Grandma being greeted by Rick Sundstrom

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Quinn said...

I heard the development is going to include a Bob's Burger. If so, I am super excited! It's one of our favorite restaurants in Bellingham.