Thursday, January 21, 2010

I turned 30!

What a lucky girl I am! I have the best mom & the best girlfriends ever! On January 14th, I celebrated my 30th birthday & a few days later over the weekend, my mom had a big party at her house filled with special girls in my life! Randy took care of Lucy, there were no babies there, just a bunch of close friends & family sharing the day together. It was a great day!
Big thank yous to my dear sweet Mom for setting it all up & making the most delicious food! And to my good friend Ali who helped my mom with a tasty fruit salad - it was even tastier because it took a spill in the back of her SUV on the way there! So sorry, I really hope your car doesn't smell too fruity! Ali also was the one who encouraged people to share stories about me (aka a roast)... She had me wear a tiara & sit in the middle of the room while I listened to everything from my first kiss to photos of Tana & I with the cops in Vegas... It was fun reliving memory lane, I think it's probably a good thing my 92 year old Grandma Ruby is hard of hearing so she didn't completely change her view of me! =) My cousin Allyson was also my saving grace that day by picking me up with her sweet Mom, fixing my hair, helping me get ready & giving me a beautiful bouquet of yellow tulips that she insisted I walk in the front door of the party with! I loved seeing old friends, especially Karmen, tears came to my eyes when I saw her because I realized how much I miss her! Thank you everyone for making this birthday so special & memorable! And to my birthday twin, my best friend Rashmi who lives in DC, I missed you (you already know that though...)!


My newly engaged cousin, Allyson! The city mouse is going to be such a beautiful bride! Her groom to be is a childhood friend of mine, Mr. Kyle Barker! Randy & I are both so happy for them & Lucy is happy that she can officially call Kyle "Uncle Kyle" now! Love you Allyson! I'm so excited for everything to come!!



Rashmi's little sisters - Nisha & Meera - these guys are my extended family (well, maybe not blood relatives, but just as close)! I loved having them there, I think in this photo Nisha was telling about how Rash & I treated her as a kid... Luckily she survived! (Quite nicely might I add =) Nisha is a middle school teacher & Meera is a student at UW.



Being roasted...

I love this girl. My good friend Ali, I will devote an entire post to her very soon explaining how she is truly changing our lives with her generousity, creativity & kindness. Ali is one in a million & I'm so lucky to have her in my life!

Allyson's mom, Aunt Carol!

Two of my aunt's, Margie & Jill. They spoiled me that day with little charms for my new Pandora bracelet! Thank you sweet ladies, I love you too!


My mom, isn't she beautiful?? Inside & out, she's incredible!



Rashmi's mom! (my other mom =)



My birthday cake!

So happy to see Miss Karmen, love you!

Visiting with TL, Jolynne & Carissa - these ladies, especially TL, had a big part in shaping me into the girl I am today. If I can be just half the mom that they are and my mom is, Lucy will be a lucky girl!

My mom even had the table decorated with great old photos of me with friends & family!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jouettelove said...

happy birthday!!! what a fun party :)
was great to see you & Lucy {and even sick Randy} the other day. xo
love, Toye & fam