Wednesday, March 10, 2010

White Pass Winterfest 2010!


A little spontaneity goes a long way!
Bless their hearts, my parents made our day a couple weekends ago! We'd been hoping to go to the beach, but with the tsunami warning that came as a result of the earthquake in Chile, we figured that was our sign to steer clear of the beach. I spoke with my mom on the phone that morning & welcomed her back to the states after their 7 day stay in Zijuatanejo, Mexico. She ever so slightly mentioned that it was Winterfest at White Pass & we were out the door within 45 minutes! Breakfast, treatments, showers, snacks packed, dvd's loaded, coffee perked & out off we went! It was the first time I'd skied since being pregnant with Lucy & it was totally like riding a bike! Actually, it was WAY better than riding a bike! Things change quickly in the skiing world & after a day of skiing on my mom's newer shorter skis, I hung up the old Volant's from 1999 for good & instantly became a better skier! The day was just so much fun! Randy & I loved every minute of racing down the mountain & Lucy had a fantastic time tubing & sledding with my parents! I didn't get a photo of it, but every year White Pass has a giant snow castle for this event & it's the world's best place for sledding! (just one weekend a year) I know I'm biased because this is where I grew up skiing - nothing quite like old memories to make a day that much more fantastic! Our good family friend, Norma Benson (grew up in the Kosmos/Morton, WA area with my parents) was also up at White Pass & skiing with her was quite a treat! All in all, fantastic day with fantastic people! This is definitely the first on many family ski trips!











Notice my mom wearing the Ergo carrier? That's where Lucy napped! I think it was about a 90 minute nap while my parents went for a walk in the snow!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: